Dear Future Competitive Dance Team Member and Parents of Dance Team Members!
These pages are designed for students of Kootenay Dance Academy who are currently part of the recreational dance program and are interested in becoming involved in a competitive dance team at KDA.
This is an exciting time for you as a dancer. Placement on a competition team is an honor and should be regarded as such. Those selected should incorporate the following into their dance studies:
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must work extra hard on all technical and performance skills AND have a desire to develop these skills further.
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Must have a team mentality and show support for fellow team members, the studio, and the teachers.
- Must have a supportive family that shows respect for all teachers, other parents, and especially other students at all times.
Competition dance does require a different level of commitment for both the dancer and the parents. The following information has been put together to hopefully outline what is expected of the competitive dancer and their families. We hope you will take the time to review this carefully before making a commitment to become involved.
There will be 3 separate dance teams that students can audition for. Age break-downs may vary slightly depending on interest and skill level. Please read through all information carefully and do not hesitate to ask questions if you are unsure.
- Jr / Int Development Team (ages 9-12yrs)
- East Kootenay Competitive Team (age 10 years and up)
- Company Production Team (age 10 years and up)